Stainless Steel Wire Balustrades
If you’re fitting a stainless steel wire fence for the first time it can be tricky to know exactly where to start. Our range of wire balustrade kits ensure that no matter what your requirements, we have something perfect for the job.
How do I install a stainless steel wire balustrade?
This type of balustrade kit needs few tools to get the job done, but we advise you to check you have all the necessary equipment before getting started – this will help you later down the line as there’s nothing worse than having to put a job on hold because of a crucial missing piece. If you’re unsure what you need for your wire balustrade kit, don’t hesitate to contact our team of experts who are on-hand to offer guidance and advice.
Once you’re ready to start:
- The first step is to install the plugs which the wire kit will feed into. Ensure you situate the plugs somewhere even and sturdy. Depending on the type of surface you’re fitting your kit onto will determine which tools you require.
- Then go ahead and assemble the rest of the frame including any intermediary posts
- Once the wire has been threaded through the holes in the intermediary posts you can go ahead and fit it into the other end.
- Now all that is left to do is tighten the wire to a tightness and rigidity that you desire. Remember to tighten the wire slowly, as rushing this part can result in wires snapping or becoming damaged.
Your stainless steel wire balustrade kit will come with fitting instructions which should be straight forward to follow. However, at Square-1 Balustrades we believe in making life as easy as possible for you, which is why we offer a comprehensive support system including everything from the designing of your balustrade kit to the fitting of it – so don’t hesitate to call us if you could use some help and support.
How do I maintain a steel wire balustrade?
Stainless steel is one of the most hardwearing and durable materials out there, making it the ideal balustrade solution. However, whether you want to fit your stainless-steel wire balustrade kit indoors or out, you will still need to perform some maintenance to keep it looking as good as new.
The amount of upkeep required will really depend on where your steel wire balustrade is situated, as naturally a balustrade kit fitted outside will be exposed to more wear and potential dirt and damage compared to one used within the home.
The good news is, stainless steel wire balustrade kits are easy to keep clean if you stay on top of it. A simple chemical cleaner will be effective in removing any contamination that may have formed. You may also find that, over time, the wiring may become slack, so routine tightening may also be needed.
What are the benefits of using a stainless steel wire balustrade?
With so many different balustrade kits out there, it can be hard to know which will be the best fit for your application.
Here are some of the benefits of using steel wire balustrades:
- Uninterrupted views
- Easy to maintain
- Hardwearing – can withstand high winds
- Stylish and modern
- Simple to install
- Long lasting